This recipe was written by Esther, one of our students. Esther is a sophomore in high school at one of the best schools in the country. This is an original essay written in English, her third language!
My Best Food
My best food is fried chicken because it is full in protein, calcium to strengthen the bones and iron. It is the best ever food that one could like to eat. I like it because it has a good aroma, (is) very delicious and tasty as well.
My (step) mother likes to prepare it especially for me because she knows I like it very much. Also my family members also likes it a lot because it is the best of the best. Most people like it.
It is always prepared carefully to give it a good flavour and aroma. That is why it is my best food. It is prepared using many ingredients and has a procedure on how to prepare it.
1. Cut the hen to remove the head.
2. Boil water.
3. Soak the hen in boiled water.
4. Remove the feathers after you have soaked the hen.
5. After you have finished dry it by the fire to make it dry.
6. Cut it into two pieces to remove the unwanted substances from the inside.
7. Cut it into small pieces for it to be ready for frying.
8. Put the ingredient together.
3. One tablespoon of sea salt
4. Ndania (cilantro)
5. Pilipili hoho (hot pepper)
7. Royco Cubes (store-bought seasoning)
1. Chop the onions into small pieces
2. Chop the tomatoes and ndania (cilantro) into small pieces.
3. Put on the gas cooker to start preparing it.
4. Put the chopped chicken in a sufuria (pot) for it to boil 30-45 minutes
And then served when it is ready.
It is the best food I have ever liked.